Sunday, September 19, 2010

Constructing the Installation


Originally I wanted to create an almost cocoon like space for the audience to enter and pass through the experience, however logistics prove to be a challenge and therefore I have adapted an earlier concept I have had.

It is important that the audience feels somewhat immersed in the experience, I want the experience to reach the peripheral edge of the eye so that it is all encompassing.

It is also important for me to bring the theme of the installation into the physical aspect and materiality is vital.

I made the decision to erect three flat wide screens at eye height, one front and one to each side, so that the peripheral vision is affected. The screens will be rested and attached to mobile panels. The panels will be disguised in the foliage of the outside such as flax and ferns which will be attached using velcro dots. The panels will then be surrounded by a second layer of mobile panels which are of similar design to exterior walls of the APA. This will also serve the purpose of hiding the required computers and cords. A set of headphones will be placed for the audience to put on.

By doing this I effectively will be bringing the outside in not only as an audio visual representation but also as a physical representation

No comments:

Post a Comment